Virtual Sportshall Athletics Championships
May 3 - May 14Free
We’re now inviting entries for this year’s very first Scottish Disability Sport Virtual Sportshall Athletics competition.
The event is open to participants of all ages and disability types from across Scotland, and we’d love to have a strong Grampian team representing us.
Details are as follows:
Sign-up & Practice Time: Now until 30/04/2021
Competition Dates: 03/05/21 – 14/05/21
Events (all events will be demonstrated on the Scottish Disability Sport YouTube Channel & are described in Virtual Sportshall 2021 – Participant Info):
- Event 1: 75m Shuttle Sprint
- Event 2: Target Throw
- Event 3: Standing Long Jump
- Event 4: Chest Push
- Event 5: Speed Bounce
Venue: Home, school, the park…wherever there’s space (whilst keeping in line with up-to-date COVID-19 guidelines).
How to sign up:
- Email email@example.com with your school name (where applicable) and the following details of everyone with a disability that you’d like to enter (you can do this via spreadsheet if you wish):
- Year Group (there is an option of ‘Adult’ for non-school participants).
- Date of Birth
- Contact Email Address
- Classification (please see the above Participant Info document for details of classes)
- Please make sure you read the Scottish Disability Sport Privacy Notice before entering.
I’m part of a mainstream school: We’d welcome schools to include their whole classes/schools in the events as part of an in-school competition, with the results of pupils with disabilities being carried forward to the SDS event.
During the competition period, results should be sent in to Alison at the above email address to be included in the Opentrack website and to count towards the regional score. Selected participants from P6 – S6 will also have their scores count towards the final Grampian Team score in the national event.
If you have any queries at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. More information is also available here.